This event is part of the European Maker Week, an initiative promoted by European Commission and implemented by Maker Faire Rome in collaboration with Startup Europe. It's a celebration of makers and innovators all over Europe.
Productizing in Portugal for Hardware Startups
Productized helps entrepreneurs find the best partners, manufacturers and other solution providers most suited to get your products from concept to client.
We will explore the local ecosystem and the established design, engineering and industrial capabilities we have at our door. We aim to closer the gap and allow our amazing entrepreneurial community to meet the local experts that can help them create the first prototypes or to build competitive production supply chains to their products and business.
We are seated on top of a gold mine and the digging has just started! So join us and be part of this evolution (or revolution).
The full day workshop is titled “Hardware Startups: MADE IN PORTUGAL” and will be divided into 5 sessions, (Think, Design, Engineer, Manufacture, Distribute), so we make sure to cover all the different phases hardware entrepreneurs are challenged with, when turning ideas into desirable, feasible and available products.
The best part?? Local top performers, high achievers and experienced partners from industry and services will join us to make sure all your questions are answered.
What questions? Well, the ones we believe almost every creator encounters during the hardware creation process, namely:
• Why are local partners so important for HW startups? Speed? Communication? Ex-house technical support and guidance? Flexibility? IP Protection (should we stop here?)
• What different kinds of expertise are there? Which one is the right one for my project?
• How do I approach a manufacturer (or other solution provider) and what kind of documentation do I need?
• What do I have to contribute as a hardware creator and how do I ensure that my project will be successful?
We know that making hardware is hard, but Talk by Talk, Produtized hopes to give you the tools, the knowledge and the connections that startups and entrepreneurs just like you need to succeed. See you on 31st of May!
09.15 to 09:45 Welcome and Introduction
09:45 to 10:45 Session 1: Thinking about Great Products by Productized (Trainer: André Marquet)
• You learn based on the example
• Designing the Product Experience
• Validate the market & pricing
• Financing the project
10:45 to 11.00 Coffee-Break
11:00 to 12:00 Session 2: Designing Awesome Products by Inngage (Trainer: André Gouveia)
• How to prototype?
• Designing a proof of concept
• Designing for manufacturing
12:00 to 13:00 Session 3: Bringing your Vision to Life by GLEXYZ (Trainer: André Luz)
• Enclosure design and production
• Injection Moulding
• Computer simulation
13:00 to 14:00 Lunch Break
14:15 to 15:15 Session 4: Engineering Magic Tricks by Bithium (Trainer: António Muchaxo)
• Embedded software
• Electronic design
• Encasing molding & testing
15:15 to 16:15 Session 5: Manufacturing in Portugal by HFA (Trainer: Patrícia Lemos)
• How to work with the manufacturer during the project?
• From electronics producer to contract manufacturing
• How to certify?
• Quality Assurance
16:15 to 16:30 Coffee-Break
16:30 to 17:30 Session 5: $elling and Distributing your Product by FNAC (Trainer: to be confirmed)
• Negotiating margins?
• Ge@ng into retailers.
• Landing deals
17:30 - Snacks and After drinks!
TICKETS AVAILABLE ON MEETUP (here):
For further details please reach any of the Productized event hosts or call (Matthieu Delorme: 915 266 060 / Filipe Silveira: 936 557 412).
Startup Lisboa Tech: Rua da Prata, 80, 1100-420 Lisboa